Home for the HolidaysNovember 12th, 2020 | by Donnie Wise
Not that I have to remind you that 2020 has certainly been one for the history books. We’re all searching for some kind of normalcy and with the holidays fast-approaching the need for that seems more evident than ever. I am feeling a bit nostalgic this year, maybe in an effort to get back to simpler times. I thought I would share some of my favorite ways to do this:
- Visit a local Christmas tree farm. Now, more than ever it is important to support local business owners. For about the last five years we have made it a fun family day and heading out to the Pine Grove Christmas Tree Farm to pick out a tree. It truly is something our whole family looks forward to.
- Write and mail a letter to Santa. We’re all young at heart and love that Christmas magic.
- Make your own holiday ornaments, like these felt ball ornaments from Home for the Harvest.
- Decorate a gingerbread house. No, you don’t have to be Martha Stewart to do this. Keep it simple and purchase a gingerbread house kit from your favorite grocery store.
- Plan an afternoon to make cookies and candy.
- Watch classic Christmas movies like Miracle on 34th Street or White Christmas while sipping on hot cocoa.
- Make someone else’s Christmas a little brighter by providing gifts for those less fortunate.
Enjoy this precious time with your family and friends. Here’s to a very wonderful and happy holiday season to you and your family.